|House Bill 2500 was approved during the 2009 legislative session. The measure required the Department of Administrative Services to create the Oregon Transparency Web site containing information about state agency revenues, expenditures, contracting, human resources and other data. |
See HB 2500 here:
House Bill 2500 formed ORS 184.480-184.488.
The Oregon Legislature passed a series of bills in the 2011 Legislative Session that increased the type and amount of information reported on Oregon.gov/transparency.
Senate Bill 250 added reporting requirements for Oregon Education Service Districts.
House Bill 2788 requires State agencies, boards, and commissions, to post Public Meeting Notices.
House Bill 2825 added reporting requirements to agencies that issue Tax Expenditures for economic development.
House Bill 3188 requires Oregon Counties to report information on County Expenditures of State Lottery Funds.
House Bill 2370 and House Bill 3400 adds several new data elements to be added to the Transparency website including:
- Link to state agency website (if available) where public meeting minutes or summaries are available
- Link to administrative rules
- Contract and subcontract data for agencies and ESD’s
- To the extent available information about contracts and subcontracts must include:
- Information on Professional, Personal and Material contracts
- Date of each contract and amount payable (already included)
- Period contract is/or was in effect (already included)
- Names and addresses of vendors (Names already included; address, city, state, zip not currently included but has been requested from both ESD’s and OUS and DAS)
- A web page within the transparency website that:
- Provides links to websites established by local government (as defined in ORS 174.116) and;
- Special government bodies (as defined in ORS 174.117) for the purpose of providing transparency in the revenues, expenditures and budgets of the public bodies
- Description of the percentage of expenditures made in Oregon and percentage of expenditures made out of state under ALL contracts for goods or services entered into by the state agency during each biennium (effective for all contracts entered into by agencies after July 1, 2013).
- Copies of all reports that the department, the Department of Revenue or the Oregon Business Development Department receives from counties and other local governments relating to properties in enterprise zones
For general questions or comments about the Oregon Transparency Web site, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.