Oregon has adopted a multi-level approach to measuring the performance and outcomes of state government.
The Legislative Fiscal Office and the Budget and Management Division of the Department of Administrative Services adopted a set of criteria that agencies must meet in developing measures. Measures must:
- gauge progress toward agency's goals and mission,
- use standard terminology and definitions,
- be few in number,
- identify performance targets to be achieved during the two year budget cycle,
- use accurate and reliable data sources,
- measure customer satisfaction,
- assign an organizational unit responsible for achieving the target, and
- address comparable information, where possible.
During the budget deliberation process of each legislative session, the Legislature will approve, disapprove or change each agency's proposed biennial performance measures.
Click on the link to see past Key Performance Measures reports.