Oregon adopted a multi-level approach to measuring the performance and outcomes of state government. The Legislative Fiscal Office and the Budget and Management Division of the Department of Administrative Services adopted a set of criteria that agencies must meet when developing measures. Measures must:
- Gauge progress toward agency's goals and mission,
- Use standard terminology and definitions,
- Be few in number,
- Identify performance targets to be achieved during the two year budget cycle,
- Use accurate and reliable data sources,
- Measure customer satisfaction,
- Assign an organizational unit responsible for achieving the target, and,
- Address comparable information, where possible.
During the budget deliberation process of each legislative session, the Legislature will approve, disapprove, or change/update each agency's proposed biennial performance measures.
Click on the following link to learn more about Agency Key Performance Measures.c