What's financially important to the
State of Oregon... and to you
Tips on detecting scams and how
to protect yourself
Where you can find information you
can use to make decisions
How to properly and effectively
report scams and help others
How can I protect myself?
Many financial traps are hard to spot. In fact, in many cases, they are perfectly legal – but they still could cost you money at a time when you need it most.
Current scams to watch for
- Shady mortgage assistance or refinancing offers
- Tax refund anticipation loans
- "Free" trial offers that require you to give your credit card information
- "Work From Home Online" offers
- Bank account verification text messages, phone calls or e-mails
- Drained gift cards.
This website is not intended to give any form of financial or legal advice, and is purley informational. CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL DISCLAIMER