Educator Programs Approval Process
The commission has adopted a template for the program review process associated with site visits, major program modifications, and new endorsement programs.
The intent is to provide clear directions on the requirements for program review, addition and modification. It will also allow for electronic submission of materials for easier review by commissioners and site team members. Please provide the information below in your request.
Program Approval Template
· Program description (Description of program including educator area, level (UG/G), degree awarded, modifications to approved program, etc.)
· Program Variant-Narrative identification of the “standard offering” as well as variations of the program. May be different location, week day, weekend, night variation.
· Transition Point Assessment -Two dimensional table (Program phases (horizontal) – i.e. admissions -Program assessments (vertical) – i.e. work sample
· Program alignment - Two dimensional table (Program standards (vertical) - Program courses, assessments, etc. (horizontal)
· Program field experience matrix - Two dimensional table (Program term (horizontal) -Program field experience (vertical) -Program field experience includes data related to number of weeks/hours, etc.
· Programs will provide summary of assessments and guides used for data collection.
· Programs will provide data which indicated need for change
· Programs will provide syllabi for courses.
· Vita for new or additional professors.
· Major modifications would need to crosswalk of coursework between old and new programs.