Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)



​How do I submit my supporting documents for my license? 

​Your application and fee should be submitted through our eLicensing application system​​. All other documents should be sent to TSPC via U.S. mail, fax or email.

Fax: (503) 378-4448
250 Division St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
Please refer to the next FAQ for information on submitting official transcripts.

What does “official transcripts” mean?
Official transcripts are transcripts that are received directly from your university or college either from a direct email or in an officially sealed university or college envelope. [If the envelope has been opened and resealed the transcripts become invalid to submit to TSPC.]
Your college or university may email your official transcript to (tspc.transcripts@oregon.gov). An applicant may NOT forward official transcript emails.  TSPC must receive the emailed transcript directly from the college or university. 
You college or university may send official transcripts by mail to TSPC, 250 Division ST NE, Salem OR 97301The official transcripts must be received by TSPC in a sealed university or college envelope. 
If you are forwarding official transcripts BY MAIL to TSPC.  Do NOT open the university or college sealed envelope. Simply place the sealed university or college transcript envelope into another envelope and mail to TSPC office.  Unsealed transcript envelopes cannot be accepted for verification of degrees or coursework.

How do I get a copy of my new license? 
Once your license is issued, within 48 hours, the image should be available at Educator Lookup: http://www.tspc.oregon.gov/lookup_application/lookup_query.asp. You’ll need to enter your name exactly as it appears on your license. The image is located at the blue “YES” next to the license record.
The image will not be available in eLicensing.

How do I make my payment? 
Once you have completed your online application, you will be prompted to pay with a credit or debit card​​.

How do I change my name in my elicensing account? 
You need to email the TSPC office with verifying documentation.  See Name Changes for more information.

What is a PEER form?
A PEER form is used to verify your contracted work experience with a school district.  A PEER form is also used to verify your required continuing Professional Development. Your employing school district must send the PEER form directly to TSPC.  Applicants may not send in their own PEER form.


How do I verify my continuing PDUs?  
All Continuing PDUs must be verified either by your employing school or school district on a PEER form or through online verification through a partnering ESD.  For more information: Continuing PDU Information.

How many continuing PDUs do I need? 

To renew an existing three-year license requires 75 PDUs. To renew a five-year license requires 125 PDUs. If you are reinstating your expired license, please refer to the Continuing PDU Information page.


How do I know what qualifies as continuing PDUs? 

Please route specific questions on your PDUs through either your school district or ESD. For more information, Continuing PDU Information.

How do I know which documents have arrived? 
If you have an existing account or if you have submitted a complete application and fees, you will receive a confirmation email as documents arrive and are scanned into your account.

​​​​What is the four-year experience requirement for the Professional Teaching License?
To meet the four-year experience requirement, you need four years of FULL-time contracted teaching experience on a license valid for the assignment. The four years do not need to be consecutive but need to have been earned since you were issued your first teaching license. TSPC must have a PEER form verifying this experience along with a copy of a teaching license active during that time frame.​​​​

How do I get my fingerprints done/submitted?
Once you complete your online application and pay your fees, you will be sent an email with fingerprint processing instructions. Please allow at least a week for this email to arrive. For more information: fingerprinting requirements.


How do I renew an expired license?
This information can be found on the PDU: Continuing and Advanced web page.


I live out of state. How do I complete the fingerprinting required for application of licensure?

You do not have to be in Oregon to complete the fingerprinting requirement. Oregon uses a company called Fieldprint, who has locations nationwide. Upon receipt of your application and fee, you will be sent instructions for scheduling an appointment to have your fingerprints scanned and electronically submitted for processing. Upon making your appointment with Fieldprint, you will be sent a list of locations near your zip code.