The Transitional Administrator License is the first stage Oregon school administrator license issued to candidates who were prepared in another state. This license is valid for regular or substitute administration (to include superintendency) at all age or grade levels as well as substitute teaching at any level in any specialty.
To be eligible for a Transitional Administrator License, the applicant must:
1)    Hold a Master’s degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution in the United States or hold a foreign equivalent degree, as approved by the commission; and
2)    Hold (or have ever held) an unrestricted school administrator license in any state for K-12 public schools; and
3)    Be able to successfully pass a background clearance check
The Transitional Administrator License is valid for 18 months during which time the educator will need to complete specific requirements in order to obtain your next license. 
A letter will accompany the Transitional Administrator License when it is issued explaining exactly what requirements will need to be met in order to obtain the next school administrator license.
In order to be eligible for a Transitional Administrator License, you must submit the following:
2)     $120 non-refundable processing fee;
3)     $57 non-refundable fingerprint processing fee;
4)     Fingerprint Card & Fingerprint Handler Sheet sealed together by the authorized person who completes your prints. Here you can find a fingerprint card. Please use this card as a last resort;
5)     Official transcripts received in a sealed university envelope verifying the minimum of a master's degree or higher and your school administrator program coursework (We recommend you submit official transcripts of all preparation you have completed.); 
6)     A copy (front and back) of a full time unrestricted out–of-state school administrator license (Your out-of-state license does not have to be active);
7)     Professional Educator Experience Report (PEER form) verifying any experience as a school administrator or teacher.  Acceptable experience must have been obtained while holding full licensure in the state of the assignment. You must submit a copy of a license valid during the experience being verified.  (This is not required for the Transitional Administrator License. However, future licensure will require 3 years of half time or more experience on a license valid for the assignment, and we recommend submitting the experience in advance.)
You are required to submit the fingerprint card and handler sheet even if your fingerprints have already been cleared by another Oregon agency or another state.  Please submit the fingerprint materials with your other application materials.
You may make one payment of $177 by check or money order made payable to “TSPC;” or with a debit or credit card by calling (503) 378-3586. (We do not accept American Express.)   To make the payment over the phone you must wait until you have received an email from TSPC stating we received your application materials.  A payment will NOT be taken over the phone until we have received your application materials.