Professional Development Units (PDUs) are now required to renew your Substitute Teaching License .
This requirement will be phased in:  If your license expires 1/1/2014 - 12/31/2014 you are required to complete 20 PDUs to renew. If your license expires 1/1/2015 and later you are required to complete 30 PDUs to renew.
You must submit your PDU documentation to an Oregon Teacher Licensing Service partnering Education Service District. You may do this by going to the website and following the simple instructions. You will be asked for demographic information and to pay a $25 processing fee. Once this is complete you will receive an e-mail with where to send your materials. Materials may be sent via mail, e-mail, or fax.
The ESDs will electronically verify your PDU documentation.
Any questions or concern about submission of PDUs or the website itself can be directed to:
For more information regarding PDUs click here 
In addition to verification of your PDUs, you must also submit an Application for License or Registration (C-1 form) and $100 processing fee.
If this is your first renewal,  you must also:
Submit an official passing score on one of the following basic skills exams (Reading, Writing and Mathematics), if you have not already done so:
o    Praxis 1: Pre-Professional Skills Assessment (PPST); or
o    California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST); or
o    Washington Educator Skills Test – Basic (WEST-B); or
o    ORELA: Essential Academic Skills Exam (EAS).
o    Note: The basic skills exam will be waived if you submit sealed official transcripts verifying completion of a doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent.
Your C1 form and $100 processing fee must be received in our office by the expiration of your license or late fees will accrue. The late fee is $25 for each month or portion of a month for which your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125.
Your application can be mailed to TSPC at 250 Division ST NE, Salem, OR 97301.
You may pay by check; money order made out to "TSPC;" or by credit card, over the phone by calling (503) 378-3586. (We do not accept American Express.)
This license is eligible for the 120-day grace period.  You MUST submit the C-1 form and required fee PRIOR to the expiration of your license in order for the 120-day grace period to activate.