How to Renew Your American Indian Language Teaching License
Please read these instructions carefully. Use these instructions to ensure that you are submitting all necessary information required to renew your license.
Fees for Renewing License:
· Nonrefundable processing fee of $100
· Late fees of $25 for each month or portion of a month that your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125
A. Instructions Specific to this License:
1. If you have renewed this license before, please complete the general requirements listed in section B of these instructions.
2. If this is your first renewal, in addition to the general requirements listed in section B of these instructions, you must also:
· Submit an official passing score on the approved civil rights exam, if you have not already submitted a passing score. Information concerning that test, the Oregon Educator Licensure Assessments (ORELA): Protecting Student and Civil Rights in the Educational Environment exam, can be obtained at (www.orela.nesinc.com).
o As of September 1, 2009, TSPC no longer recognizes workshops, online courses or other tests in lieu of the ORELA civil rights exam.
3. PLEASE NOTE: You do not need to complete Professional Development Units (PDUs) if you are renewing before January 1, 2013. However, please know that this will soon change. For all renewals after January 1, 2013, you will be required to complete PDUs to maintain your license. Click here to learn more about this requirement.
B. General Instructions for Submitting Materials:
1. Submit the processing fee of $100. This fee is not refundable. You may pay by check or money order made out to "TSPC;" or with a debit or credit card by submitting the Credit Card Payment Form or by calling (503) 378-3586. (We do not accept American Express.)
2. Complete all sections of the Application for License or Registration (C-1 form). You must carefully answer the Character Questions on page 4 of this form. Click here for the instructions on answering these questions. Be sure to sign and date the form, once completed.
BEFORE SUBMITTING THE REQUIRED MATERIALS, HAVE YOU:
o Filled out the C-1 application form completely, including answering the character questions?
o Signed and dated the C-1 application form? (Your application must be signed and dated within 60 days prior to the date the application is received by TSPC and cannot be post-dated.)
o Submitted the processing fee?
o Confirmed that your district(s) completed the PEER form verifying any Oregon educator experience and completion? The PEER form must be submitted in a sealed school district envelope or submitted electronically by the school district directly to TSPC.
o Confirmed that TSPC has received official transcript(s) bearing the seal of the institution and the signature of the registrar, if coursework needs to be verified? Transcripts must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the institution or submitted electronically by the college or university directly to TSPC.
WHEN SUBMITTING MATERIALS, PLEASE REMEMBER:
A signed C-1 application form and the requisite fee must be received before the expiration date of your current license or you must pay a late fee in addition to the application processing fee.
· This license is eligible for the 120-day grace period. You MUST submit the C-1 form and required fee PRIOR to the expiration of your license in order for the 120-day grace period to activate.
· Late fees: The late fee is $25 for each month or portion of a month for which your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125 in late fees.
· Reinstating an expired license: If you allow your license to expire for more than one year, you must meet the licensure requirements in effect at the time you apply for reinstatement. Please note that these requirements may differ from the requirements associated with the license that expired.)
· You do NOT need to submit all of your materials at the same time. It is acceptable to submit materials as you complete them. However, please remember that the C-1 form and required fee MUST be submitted before your license expires.
· Please do NOT staple your materials together.
Failure to provide all necessary materials in a timely manner will delay issuance of your license.