How to Renew Your Charter School Registration
Fees for Renewing License:  
·      Nonrefundable processing fee of $25
·      Late fees of $25 for each month or portion of a month that your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125
Please read these instructions carefully.  Use these instructions to ensure that you are submitting all information needed for renewal of your registration.  Please do not include this sheet with your submitted application.
·      Note:  You may not teach in a charter school without holding a Charter School Registration or a Basic, Standard, Initial or Continuing teacher or administrator license issued by TSPC.
·      If you do not hold a Basic, Standard, Initial or Continuing teacher or administrator license, you are not considered a licensed charter school educator and you must hold a valid charter school registration.
Renewal Instructions:
1.     Request that your district or charter school submit a letter acknowledging that the educator has continued to serve in the same position. This letter should be signed by the superintendent or director of the charter school.  You may return this letter in a sealed envelope from the district or school, or your district or school may submit this letter directly to TSPC, either in an envelope or electronically.
2.     All Charter School Registrants must pass the civil rights exam, as must all other educators licensed, registered or certified with TSPC.  You only need to take this exam once.
·      You must submit an official passing score on the Oregon Educator Licensure Assessments (ORELA): Protecting Student and Civil Rights in the Educational Environment exam.  To obtain information on the exam, including information on signing up to take the exam, please see 
4.  Submit the processing fee of $25.  This fee is not refundable. You may pay by check or money order made out to "TSPC;" or with a debit or credit card by calling (503) 378-3586. (We do not accept American Express.)
5.  Complete all sections of the Application for License or Registration (C-1 form). You must carefully answer the Character Questions on page 4 of this form. Click here for the instructions on answering these questions. Be sure to sign and date the form, once completed.  
·      Under Purpose for Filling out this Application, please check “Charter School Registration,” check “Renew,” and indicate whether you are a teacher or an administrator. 
6.  PDUs are now required.  This requirement will be phased in:  If your license expires 1/2/2014 - 12/31/2014 your are required to complete 50 PDUs to renew your license. If your license expires after 12/31/2014 you are required to complete 75 PDUs. Your charter school must submit an Professional Educator Experience Report (PEER form) verifying your experience and that you have met the PDU requirement. 

For more information regarding PDUs click here.

o  Filled out the C-1 application form completely, including answering the character questions?
Signed and dated the C-1 application form?  (Your application must be signed and dated within 60 days prior to the date the application is received by TSPC and cannot be post-dated.)
Submitted the processing fee?
Confirmed that TSPC has received your official passing score report for the ORELA Protecting Student and Civil Rights in the Educational Environment exam?
A signed C-1 application form and the requisite fee must be received before the expiration date of your current registration or you must pay a late fee in addition to the application processing fee. 
·    This license is eligible for the 120-day grace period.  You MUST submit the C-1 form and required fee PRIOR to the expiration of your registration in order to activate the 120-day grace period.  Please submit all materials necessary to renew as soon as possible to ensure continuous registration.
·    Late fees:  The late fee is $25 for each month or portion of a month for which your registration is expired, up to a maximum of $125 in late fees.  If you upgrade your registration to a teaching license, you do NOT need to pay a late fee. 
·    Reinstating an expired registration:  If you allow your registration to expire for more than one year, you must meet the requirements in effect at the time you apply for reinstatement.  (Please note that these requirements may differ from the requirements associated with the registration that expired.)
·    You do NOT need to submit all of your materials at the same time.  It is acceptable to submit materials as you complete them.  However, please remember that the C-1 form and required fee MUST be submitted before your registration expires.
·    Please do NOT staple your materials together.
Failure to provide all necessary materials in a timely manner will delay issuance of your license.
For additional assistance, please contact us at or (503) 378-3586.