Emergency Teaching Licenses are NOT renewable
Please read these instructions carefully. Use these instructions to ensure that you are submitting all necessary information required to renew your license.
Fees for Renewing License Obtaining full licensure:
· Nonrefundable processing fee of $100
· Late fees of $25 for each month or portion of a month that your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125
A. Instructions Specific to Your License:
Please refer to the advice letter which accompanied your original Emergency Teaching License for specific requirements. If you have misplaced this letter, please click here to go to “Educator Look Up.” You will need to enter your name exactly as it appears on your Oregon educator license, as well as your birth date and the last four digits of your SSN in order to log in to your file, and then go to “License Approval.”
B. General Instructions for Submitting Materials:
1. Submit the processing fee of $100. This fee is not refundable. You may pay by check or money order made out to "TSPC;" or with a debit or credit card by calling (503) 378-3586. (We do not accept American Express.)
2. Complete all sections of the Application for License or Registration (C-1 form). You must carefully answer the Character Questions on page 4 of this form. Click here for the instructions on answering these questions. Be sure to sign and date the form, once completed.
BEFORE SUBMITTING THE REQUIRED MATERIALS, HAVE YOU:
o Filled out the C-1 application form completely, including answering the character questions?
o Signed and dated the C-1 application form? (Your application must be signed and dated within 60 days prior to the date the application is received by TSPC and cannot be post-dated.)
o Submitted the processing fee?
o Confirmed that your district(s) completed the PEER form verifying any Oregon educator experience? The PEER form must be submitted in a sealed school district envelope or submitted electronically by the school district directly to TSPC.
o Confirmed that TSPC has received official transcript(s) bearing the seal of the institution and the signature of the registrar, if coursework needs to be verified? Transcripts must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the institution or submitted electronically by the college or university directly to TSPC.
WHEN SUBMITTING MATERIALS, PLEASE REMEMBER:
Since this license does NOT have a “grace period,” you must submit your materials well in advance of the expiration of your license, to allow TSPC adequate time to process your next license.
· Late fees: The late fee is $25 for each month or portion of a month for which your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125 in late fees.
· You do NOT need to submit all of your materials at the same time. It is acceptable to submit materials as you complete them. However, please submit all materials necessary to renew/upgrade well before your current license expires to ensure continuous licensure.
· Please do NOT staple your materials together.
Failure to provide all necessary materials in a timely manner will delay issuance of your license.