How to Renew Your Limited Teaching License
Please read these instructions carefully. Use these instructions to ensure that you are submitting all necessary information required to renew your license.
Fees for Renewing License:
· Nonrefundable processing fee of $100
· Late fees of $25 for each month or portion of a month that your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125
A. Instructions Specific to this License:
1. PDUs are now required. This requirement will be phased in: If your license expires 1/1/2013 – 12/31/2013 you are required to complete 25 PDUs to renew. If your license expires 1/1/2014 - 12/31/2014 you are required to completed 50 PDUs to renew. If your license expires 1/1/2015 and later you are required to complete 75 PDUs for a 3 year license and 125 PDUs for a 5 year license to renew.
· Request that your school district submit an PEER form verifying your teaching assignment and PDUs.
2. Request that your district provide a letter attesting that your assignment is exactly the same as it was when your license was originally requested.
B. General Instructions for Submitting Materials:
1. Submit the processing fee of $100. This fee is not refundable. You may pay by check or money order made out to "TSPC;" or with a debit or credit card by submitting the Credit Card Payment Form or by calling (503) 378-3586. (We do not accept American Express.)
2. Complete all sections of the Application for License or Registration (C-1 form). You must carefully answer the Character Questions on page 4 of this form. Click here for the instructions on answering these questions. Be sure to sign and date the form, once completed.
BEFORE SUBMITTING THE REQUIRED MATERIALS, HAVE YOU:
o Filled out the C-1 application form completely, including answering the character questions?
o Signed and dated the C-1 application form? (Your application must be signed and dated within 60 days prior to the date the application is received by TSPC and cannot be post-dated.)
o Submitted the processing fee?
o Confirmed that your district(s) completed the PEER form verifying any Oregon educator experience and completion of required CPD units? The PEER form must be submitted in a sealed school district envelope or submitted electronically by the school district directly to TSPC.
WHEN SUBMITTING MATERIALS, PLEASE REMEMBER:
A signed C-1 application form and the requisite fee must be received before the expiration date of your current license or you must pay a late fee in addition to the application processing fee.
· This license is eligible for the 120-day grace period. You MUST submit the C-1 form and required fee PRIOR to the expiration of your registration in order to activate the 120-day grace period.
· Late fees: The late fee is $25 for each month or portion of a month for which your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125 in late fees.
· Reinstating an expired license: If you allow your license to expire for more than one year, you must meet the licensure requirements in effect at the time you apply for reinstatement. (Please note that these requirements may differ from the requirements associated with the license that expired.)
· You do NOT need to submit all of your materials at the same time. It is acceptable to submit materials as you complete them. However, please remember that the C-1 form and required fee MUST be submitted before your license expires.
· Please do NOT staple your materials together.
Failure to provide all necessary materials in a timely manner will delay issuance of your license.