How to Renew Your Visiting International Teaching License
Please read these instructions carefully, as the renewal requirements specific to your license type may have changed since you received your original advice letter. Use these instructions to ensure that you are submitting all information needed for renewal.
Fees for Renewing License:
· Nonrefundable processing fee of $25
· Late fees of $25 for each month or portion of a month that your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125
A. Instructions Specific to this License:
1. Request that your school district submit a PEER form verifying your teaching assignment
2. Request that your school district write a letter attesting to the following:
a) That your teaching assignment will remain within the scope of grades and subjects on your license; and
b) That your plan for supervision and mentoring will remain in place. If you are assigned a new mentor, the letter will need include the updated mentor information.
3. If you are renewing the International Visiting Teacher License for the first time, you must also:
Submit an official passing score on the Oregon Educator Licensure Assessments (ORELA): Protecting Student and Civil Rights in the Educational Environment exam (www.orela.nesinc.com), if you have not already submitted a passing score.
NOTE: This license can only be renewed twice.
B. General Instructions for Submitting Materials:
1. Submit the processing fee of $25. This fee is not refundable. You may pay by check or money order made out to "TSPC;" or with a debit or credit card by calling (503) 378-3586. (We do not accept American Express.)
2. Complete all sections of the Application for License or Registration (C-1 form). You must carefully answer the Character Questions on page 4 of this form. Click here for the instructions on answering these questions. Be sure to sign and date the form, once completed.
BEFORE SUBMITTING THE REQUIRED MATERIALS, HAVE YOU:
o Filled out the C-1 application form completely, including answering the character questions?
o Signed and dated the C-1 application form? (Your application must be signed and dated within 60 days prior to the date the application is received by TSPC and cannot be post-dated.)
o Submitted the processing fee?
o Confirmed that your district(s) completed the PEER form verifying any Oregon educator experience? The PEER form must be submitted in a sealed school district envelope or submitted electronically by the school district directly to TSPC.
WHEN SUBMITTING MATERIALS, PLEASE REMEMBER:
A signed C-1 application form and the requisite fee must be received before the expiration date of your current license or you must pay a late fee in addition to the application processing fee.
This is a restricted license and it is not eligible for a grace period. For this reason, ALL materials must be submitted as soon as possible, to ensure that TSPC has adequate time to issue your next license before this license expires.
· Late fees: The late fee is $25 for each month or portion of a month for which your license is expired, up to a maximum of $125 in late fees.
· Reinstating an expired license: If you allow your license to expire for more than one year, you must meet the licensure requirements in effect at the time you apply for reinstatement. (Please note that these requirements may differ from the requirements associated with the license that expired.)
· You do NOT need to submit all of your materials at the same time. It is acceptable to submit materials as you complete them. However, please remember that this license is not eligible for a grace period.
· Please do NOT staple your materials together.
Failure to provide all necessary materials in a timely manner will delay issuance of your license.