Skip to the main content of the page


Home inspector certification

A home inspector, for a fee, inspects and provides a written report on the overall physical condition of a residential structure. 

Learn more information about the home inspector certificatio​n.​

Lead-based paint licenses 

Oregon enforces federal Environmental Protection Agency regulations for contractors working on housing or child-occupied facilities built before 1978, which require contractors to complete training and obtain a special license before they can even bid on renovation projects involving these structures. 

Learn more about lead base paint licenses​.

Locksmith certification

A locksmith certification is required for any person who services, installs, repairs, rebuilds, rekeys, repins or adjusts locks, hardware peripheral to locks, safes, vaults, safe deposit boxes or mechanical or electronic security systems.

Learn more about locksmith certification​.

Home Energy Assessor certification

A home energy assessor assigns residential buildings a home energy performance score, using a scoring system of the Oregon Department of Energy. 

Learn how to obtain this certification​.​

Construction flagging

ORS 701.470. A construction flagging contractor is a person or business who employs, contracts with, or obtains through a worker leasing company, one or more individuals to act as construction flaggers.

Learn more about flagging certification.

Public works bonds

ORS 279C.836 requires that all independent contractors working on qualifying public works projects with a total project cost that exceeds $100,000, must obtain and file with the Construction Contractors Board (CCB) a public works bond with a corporate surety authorized to do business in Oregon for the amount of $30,000 before starting work on a contract or subcontract for a public works project.

Learn more about public works bonds.​

Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Techology program

The Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Technology (EEAST) program is managed by Oregon's Department of Energy. Utility companies loan funds to customers who use the money for energy efficiency projects based on an energy audit. The Construction Contractors Board must certify contractors that want to work on these projects.

​Learn more about EEAST certification​.




Want to keep up on the licensing info? Sign up for CCB emails.