Who needs a construction contractor license?
Work that requires a license
Anyone who works for compensation in any construction activity involving improvements to real property needs a license. Examples include:
- Floor covering
- Air conditioning
- Tree servicing
- Repair of attached appliances (ORS 701.005 (5)(a))
- Manufactured dwelling installation
- Land development
- Home inspection
- Most construction and repair services
Work that does not require a license
- Gutter cleaning
- Power and pressure washing for the purpose of cleaning (siding, sidewalks, etc.)
- Debris clean up (yard or construction site)
- Qualified real estate property managers managing a building under a property management agreement. Learn more.