Child Abuse

If you think someone is being hurt or is in danger, call 911 immediately.

Report child abuse to a local office of the Department of Human Services (DHS) or a local police department, county sheriff, county juvenile department, or Oregon State Police.

You can also call 1-855-503-SAFE (7233). This toll-free number allows you to report abuse or neglect of any child or adult to the Oregon Department of Human Services.

Administration for Children and Families
Partners with federal, state, tribal and local agencies to improve the overall health and well-being of our nation’s children and families

Child Welfare League of America
CWLA leads public and private agencies and partners to advance policies, best practices and collaborative strategies that result in better outcomes for children, youth and families that are vulnerable.

Kempe Children’s Center
Partners with policy makers, human service agencies, child advocacy groups and nonprofits locally and around the nation and globe to prevent child abuse and neglect and to treat victims of abuse and neglect.

Missing Children Clearinghouse
Provides services, resources and technical assistance to child victims of abduction and sexual exploitation, their families and the professionals who serve them. Phone: 1-800-282-7155 (Hotline)

National Center for Prosecution of Child Abuse
NCPCA provides training, technical assistance and publications to prosecutors, investigators and allied criminal justice professionals on all aspects of criminal child abuse and exploitation.

National Center for Victims of Crime
A nonprofit organization that advocates for victims' rights, trains professionals who work with victims, and serves as a trusted source of information on victims' issues.