Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Employee Assistance Program
The Department of Corrections contracts with Cascade Counseling to provide a free, confidential counseling service to its employees. EAP counselors can help with problems which interfere with day-to-day activities. Employees use of this service can assist in preventing unnecessary personal or work-related problems.
Employees and their immediate family members can use the counseling services of EAP. Use of these services is strictly confidential and the employer will not know when employees use the program.
Employee can benefit from EAP counseling when changes are occurring in an area of their life that causes them to be less effective than they could be. You can receive assistance with concerns such as:
  • marital and family conflict
  • interpersonal relationship problems
  • conflict at work
  • depression or anxiety
  • help with community resource referrals
  • career changes
  • substance abuse
  • stress management
  • grieving a loss
  • personal decision making
  • child and eldercare services
When an employee uses EAP the counselor will discuss their concerns and establish goals for counseling, and employees may establish new goals as they work toward problem resolution.
Employees can be referred to other resources or services within their community including self-help or professionally-led groups, classes or more specialized treatment. The EAP counselor is there to assist employees in finding the most cost-effective resource which meets their needs.
The employee or immediate family member can see an EAP counselor in any of the following locations:
  • Portland
    (503) 639-3009
  • Salem
    (503) 588-0777
All other locations should call toll free (800) 433-2320 for a referral to a counselor in their area.
How to make an appointment?
  1. Call the office of your choice, or the toll free number
  2. Identify yourself, your employer and describe how EAP can help
  3. Schedule an appointment convenient for you
  4. Receive an appointment within 48 hours and/or talk to a counselor by phone
  5. Obtain a referral to appropriate community resources as needed
For more information check out the Cascade Counseling Web site.