What we do
We offer consolidated debt management for state and local government agencies, including circuit courts and a wide variety of educational and regulatory agencies as allowed pursuant to ORS Chapter 293. This service is available to all agencies and includes:
- Easy debt transfer. Just send us your debts and we’ll pursue all collection options available.
- Risk and debt scoring. We use analytics to help us choose the most effective and efficient way to collect on your accounts.
- Private collection firm management. Your debt can be assigned to a private collection firm. We provide oversight of those firms, which includes monitoring performance and enforcing standards and expectations. Some restrictions apply.
Senate Bill (SB) 1067
What is SB 1067?
SB 1067 (2017) includes provisions for centralizing state debt collections. This legislation requires that executive branch state agencies subject to ORS 293.231 send liquidated and delinquent (L&D) debt to the Department of Revenue's Other Agency Accounts (OAA) program for collections.
It also requires that OAA offer executive branch state agency debts to private collection firms (PCFs), and that OAA subsequently manage these debts. More specifically, if OAA is unable to collect the debt within six months, OAA is required to send the debt to a PCF, absent any exemption covering the debt. OAA will then manage the debt while at a PCF, including keeping the debt in the OAA database for offset purposes and delivering collection proceeds to client agencies. If the debt is returned by a PCF, the debt will remain with OAA for offset purposes, and a referring client agency may evaluate writing off any appropriate debts. The debt will otherwise remain at OAA in the event that the debtor’s circumstances change that may impact the collectability of the debt.
Do the debt collection provisions in SB 1067 apply to your agency?
If your agency is subject to ORS 293.231, then you have a requirement to assign your L&D debt to OAA for collections. If you have any questions about the requirement to assign accounts to OAA, please contact:
- Todd Evans, OAA operations manager, (503) 945-8101.
- Lisa Pineda-Volk, Special Programs Section manager, (503) 947-8703.
Current Client Agencies
The following files are available for download: