Get the convenience of e-filing
Our free fillable forms perform basic calculations, but you're responsible for the information entered on the return. If you need an option with added guidance, check to see if you can use one of our approved preparation vendors for free.
||Full-Year Resident Individual Return.|
||Working Family Household and Dependent Care Credit for Full-Year Residents.|
||Oregon Adjustments for Form 40 filers.|
||Oregon 529 College Savings Plan Direct Depost for Form 40 filers.|
||Payment Voucher for Income Tax.|
||Underpayment of Oregon Estimated Tax.|
Steps for using free fillable forms
- Complete your 2017 federal tax return and submit it to the IRS.
- Gather your federal return and other documents you'll need to complete your Oregon return. Make sure that you have the applicable tax tables and charts ready. Refer to the 2017 instructions in Publication OR-40-FY.
- Click the "Start your return" button located in the top right side of this webpage.
- Fill in the necessary fields. Remember to use the "Do the math" feature to avoid mistakes.
- Be sure to complete the federal schedule information and enter all of your W-2s, 1099s, etc. We can't process your return without this information.
- Check the box acknowledging that you're filing the return electronically.
- E-file your return and submit payment, if necessary.
You'll get acknowledgement emails when your return is submitted and when we accept it.
Other important information
- You'll need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to use this service.
- Free fillable forms doesn't support prior-year returns, part-year, non-resident, or amended returns.
- This program is only for Oregon returns. Visit www.irs.gov/filing for federal filing information.