Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Downloadable Forms and Applications
Exam Study Material/Reference

General Information Booklet        
- Includes sample test, references used to develop examinations, examination indexes, licensing information, list of colleges/universities providing the examination and fee schedule, general examination information, etc. (booklet updated yearly on September 1st).
Oregon Administrative Rules - Chapter 800-001-0000 to 800-030-0050.
2017 Summary of Changes - Chapter 800-001-0000 to 800-030-0050
Civil Penalty Matrix - OAR 800-030-0025(1) Table inserted within the OARs containing penalty amounts

Oregon Revised Statutes (Laws) - 673.605 through 673.740. 


Please note: Additional Oregon/Federal publications, forms and source materials listed as study/reference materials in the General Information Booklet shall be obtained through the Oregon Department of Revenue and Internal Revenue Service.

Exam Applications and Forms

Tax Preparer Examination Fillable Application - Use to apply to take/retake the Preparer examination.
Tax Consultant Examination Fillable Application - Use to apply to take/retake the Consultant exam.
Consultant Verification of Tax Preparation Experience - Use to verify work experience you have received.
*Don't forget to submit 15 hours of CE in personal income taxation with application materials

Enrolled Agent Examination Fillable Application - Use to apply to take/retake the State ONLY exam. 

Petition to Claim Tax Consultant Experience from Another State - Use if work experience received via self-employment.
- A list of Proctor Sites to sit for the exam is available within the General Information Booklet (see exam reference materials above).  Review the proctor list to find locations, schedule availability and proctor fees.  The proctor fee is payable to the OBTP with the exam application and exam fees. 

Initial License Applications
Tax Preparer Fillable Application for Licensure (Initial) - For initial licensure as a Tax Preparer 
Tax Consultant Fillable Application for Licensure (Initial) - For initial licensure as a Tax Consultant.

License Renewal & Reactivation


Please use the online renewal system to renew your Consultant license, Preparer license and/or Business registrations. The online renewal system is available here: https://public.orlicensing.oregon.gov/OBTPRenewal/UniversalPages/LoginPage.aspx.

If you cannot access your license renewal online, please call us at 503-378-4034.


Business/Branch Registration
Tax Business Registration - Use to apply for a Business Registration or to ammend an existing business.
Unlicensed Owner Business Registration Application - Use if you are NOT licensed as a consultant or preparer.
Branch Office Registration  - Use to apply for a Branch Office Registration.

Complaint Form
Complaint Form - Use to file a complaint concerning a licensee/services received.

Education Sponsor Approvals
Basic Education Sponsor Application - 2017 Basic Education Certification Application
Correspondence Course Sponsor Application - Use to teach CE Correspondence Course(s) if courses/sponsor are not already approved by CTEC, IRS, or NASBA.
New, Changed & Updated Course Forms - Submit with application form for CE Courses.

Instructor Applications/Forms
Basic Course Certificate of Completion - (Formal Certificate 8.5 x 11) - Given upon completion of the Basic Course. (Note: Form must be complete and signed by an approved instructor.)
Basic/CE Session Attendance Form - (Informal Certificate 1/2 page) - Given upon completion of the Basic/CE Course. (Note: Form must be complete and signed by an approved instructor.)

Waiver Forms
CE Waiver​ - Use to request a waiver of continuing education credit hours for renewal.
DC/RC Waiver - Use to request a waiver of Designated/Resident Consultant requirements.

Miscellaneous Forms
ADA Accommodation Request Form - Use to request special accommodations for exams. 
Address Change - Use to file a change of mailing/physical address with the Board.  
Payment Form - Use to make a credit card payment via fax or miscellaneous payments.
Financial Statement Form - Use to report financial information.
Public Records Request - Use for a copy of public records (Board materials, meeting minutes, etc.).
Social Security Affidavit - Use this application if you do NOT have a social security number.


These forms are in PDF format and require Acrobat Reader. If you do not have a copy of Acrobat Reader, you may download a copy for FREE.
FREE Acrobat Reader click here!
Click on the links above to download forms and applications.
Please contact the Tax Board office for links which are down.
Phone: (503) 378-4034 or E-Mail: tax.bd@state.or.us