Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Contact Us
Address Hours of Operation Contact

Mailing address:
421 SW Oak Street, Suite 770
Portland, OR 97204


8:00 AM - 5:00 PM


Phone: 503-302-9725
Referrals & Assistance:

Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office Staff:
Lucy Baker                           Nancy Kramer                           Dr. Connie Kim-Gervey
Administrator                       Executive Assistant                     Research Analyst

Community Referrals and Assistance: 503-378-4582

The Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office collaborates with the Governor’s Constituent Services Office, 503-378-4582, to provide referrals for community members who are experiencing problems or issues associated with government services. Together we aid Oregonians in navigating state services and listen when citizens have ideas or suggestions about state government. The Constituent Services staff reports regularly to the governor, noting issues in state government that need attention. The office seeks to treat all inquiries fairly, to examine each situation objectively and to respond in a clear and helpful way.

Public Records Requests (PRR)

The Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office (OACO) responds to requests for public records in the general way described in the Oregon Department of Administrative Services' (DAS) Public Records Requests policy (pdf). 

The DAS Public Records Requests Fees and Charges outlines the fees the department charges for records, and the process the agency uses to fulfill requests. 

Please choose one of the following methods to request public records from OACO:
1. Email your request to Lucy Baker, the administrator of the OACO with "PRR" included in the subject line. 


2. Mail a written request to this address:
Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office
421 SW Oak Street, Suite 770
Portland, OR 97204

File A Complaint

Discrimination in Employment, Housing, Public Accommodation or Vocational/Career Schools
If you believe you have experienced unlawful discrimination or retaliation in Employment, Housing, Public Accommodation or Vocational/Career Schools, go to the Bureau of Labor and Industries Civil Rights Division Complaint Process

Hate Crimes
The Oregon Department of Justice Hate Crime Report Form is intended to inform the Oregon Department of Justice about potential hate crimes. This is not a substitute for filing a police report with a federal, state or local law enforcement agency. For more information, visit the website of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/civilrights/hate.htm

The Oregon Commission on Black Affairs also accepts complaints from citizens who feel they have been discriminated against. Fill out the OCBA's Citizen's Complaint Form​​ and sign it. 

The OACO cannot offer legal advice or conduct an investigation, but will offer referrals to other agencies who can be of service to you.

Send the completed form to the Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office (OACO) by one of these methods:

U.S. Mail:
OACO Administrator
421 SW Oak Street, Suite 770
Portland, OR 97204
Once your signed complaint form is received it will be reviewed to determine what action and/or referral to take on behalf of the constituent and you will be contacted. You may receive a follow up email or phone call from the OACO or the OCBA about your Complaint, for further details.