Ge​neral requirements

To bring pigeons into Oregon you must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI).


In some situations, multiple owners bring their pigeons to a central location where they are loaded into a vehicle and driven to the release site. Each pigeon is identified on an entry form. They are shipped immediately and released to fly home.

To simplify things for groups like this, a veterinarian can be on hand to inspect the pigeons while they are loaded and can write a single CVI for the load. The veterinarian must attach copies of the owner's entry forms to the CVI so traceback is possible.

Import permit

An import permit is required. Please call our office to obtain an import permit prior to shipment.



Contact ​

Animal Health
635 Capitol St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-986-4680