Animal Import and Export

​​General requirements

A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) and import permit are required for this class of birds prior to a permanent move to Oregon from another state. 

The possession of these types of birds is highly regulated by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW). A license is required from ODFW for possession of use of raptors in falconry. In certain instances such as propagation and abatement, a federal permit issued from the US Fish and Wildlife Service may also be required.

​Import permit

​An import permit is required. Please call our office to obtain an import permit prior to shipment. 


Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

Falcons, hawks, and other raptors information line.503-947-6301




Animal Health
635 Capitol St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-986-4680