General requirements​

Many wildlife species may fall under Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) rules. Call ODFW to find out if there are special requirements for holding a particular wildlife species (native or non-native; mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, or fish).

Call the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) Animal Health Office for import requirements for wildlife species. Please have scientific name of animal and name, address, and USDA license number of seller when you call. Wild captured mammals may not be imported.




Animal Health
635 Capitol St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-986-4680