The Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) is responsible for regulating the sale and labeling of agricultural and vegetable seed sold, offered for sale, or transported within Oregon. The program also examines the records of wholesale seed companies to ensure compliance with Oregon and federal seed laws.
The program additionally provides for sampling and testing of seed sold at the retail level to ensure compliance with Oregon's seed law. Tests are conducted to check for proper germination, weed seed content, and other factors important to Oregon consumers.
Retail seed dealer license
- A retail seed dealer license is required for any person who offers or sells agricultural or vegetable seed directly to the consumer or user
- Fee: $40.00
- Retail seed dealer license details
Wholesale seed dealer license
- A wholesale seed dealer license is required for any person who sells, offers, or holds for sale, agricultural or vegetable seed to the following:
- Other wholesalers for resale
- Fee: $750.00
- Wholesale seed dealer license details