About the ACT
Area: Klamath and Lake counties.
History: Initial Charter approved by OTC on Aug. 13, 1999.
Membership: 26 voting members.
6 county commissioners (three from each county)
Klamath Falls mayor
- 2 private industry members (one from each county)
3 Lake County at-large members
2 Klamath County at-large members
1 higher education representative
1 Under/Unemployed representative
Klamath County Economic Development
Lake County Economic Development
Regional officer, Oregon Department of Economic and Community Development
3 state representatives
1 state senator
ODOT area manager
- Oregon Transportation Commission liaison
- Adjacent ACTs representatives
- Mayors of the cities of Malin, Merrill, Paisley, Bonanza and Chiloquin
- Oregon Department of Aviation
- Regional officer, Oregon Department of Housing and Community Services
- Regional manager, Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Regional representative of Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- Regional representative of Oregon Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Forest Serives
- Bureau of Land Management
- State of California
- State of Nevada.
Leadership: Chair and vice-chair selected by the ACT. Operating structure is the same as the operating structure for the South Central Oregon Regional Partnership with a steering committee comprised of both sets of county commissioners.
Staffing: ODOT shares staffing support responsibilities with the administrator of the Regional Partnership.
Work Program: Develop transportation strategy for the region, prioritize STIP projects, provide educational programs.
Other: The Regional Partnership essentially serves as the ACT.