Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Oregon Dealer Out of Business


Image of an Out of Business sign in a window 
This page provides information for vehicle owners whose Oregon dealer has gone out of business.
Use the links below to go directly to any section:
General Information
Although DMV cannot give legal advice, this page may assist you with some common situations resulting from an Oregon dealer going out of business, such as when:
  • You paid for a vehicle (vs. financed it) at the time of purchase but the dealer did not give you the vehicle title;
  • You finished making payments to the dealer but they did not give you the vehicle title with their release; or
  • You were making payments to the dealer for a vehicle but you cannot locate them to finish payment.
In situations like these, you may:
Related Information
Additional information that may be relevant includes: