Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Out-of-State Renewals & Replacements


This page provides information about obtaining renewals and replacements on driver licenses, permits or vehicle registrations if you are an Oregon resident temporarily outside of Oregon.
Use the links below to go directly to any section:
Driver License
If you are temporarily outside of Oregon and your Oregon license has been lost, stolen, mutilated, destroyed, or is about to expire, you may be eligible to apply for a “Valid With Previous Photo” driver license or permit.
To see if you qualify for a Valid-With-Previous-Photo (VWPP) license, fill out and submit a driver-related online inquiry, specifying your request to have a VWPP packet sent to you at an alternate specified address.  You must also provide a phone number or email address so that we can contact you. 
Please contact DMV if you have questions or need more information.

Vehicle Registration
If your vehicle is temporarily outside of the state and your vehicle registration is expiring and must be renewed, you need to:
Vehicle Registration
1905 Lana Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97314
Related Information
Additional information that may be relevant includes: