Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Farm Vehicles


Image of a large farm vehicle on a public road
This page provides information about farm vehicles.
Use the links below to go directly to any section:
  • Vehicles that carry or move freight, articles, or people over the highways may qualify for farm registration.
  • The vehicle must be a motor vehicle.
  • Buses may qualify for farm registration.
  • Trailers and motor homes cannot qualify for farm registration.
The Motor Carrier Transportation Division (MCTD) grants approval for farm registration. DMV can issue farm plates and stickers only after this approval.
For MCTD approval, follow the instructions on their Farm Certification Application. To learn more, see Farm Trucking in Oregon
To apply for farm plates and stickers once approved:
Farm Endorsements
Click here for information about getting a farm endorsement on your driver license.