Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Replacing Your Vehicle Registration Card

General Information

State law (ORS 803.505) requires that you place and keep the registration card in your vehicle so it is available for police inspection upon request.

OAR 735-030-0105 provides the option to registered owners to black out or obscure the residence, mailing, or vehicle address shown on the registration card if they are an individual or business. No other information on the registration card may be blacked out or otherwise obscured.
If your registration card is lost, stolen, or damaged, you may get a duplicate:

DMV will mail your new registration card to you. 
If you take the application to a DMV office, you will receive a stamped receipt.  You can keep this receipt in your vehicle until you receive the permanent card. 
Note: When using the ORS link above, you will need to scroll down to find the correct ORS reference.

Related Information
Additional information that may be relevant includes: