On March 14, 2005
, the American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon (ACEC) and the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) Steering Committee met in Salem, Oregon to outline a partnership agreement. The intent of the partnering workshop was to formulate a working relationship between ACEC and ODOT that meets partner needs and expectations given today's business context. The Partnership Agreement was renewed in 2013.
Specifically the partnership charter was organized to address the following items:
- Mutual understanding of the new working context and relationship
- Partner communication and collaboration protocols
- Committee structure and membership
- Issue identification, tracking and resolution
ODOT’s Director and additional representatives will meet with the ACEC Board quarterly.
Standing Committees These committees undertake specific work assignments through a work planning process in agreement with the Liaison and Steering Committees. Standing committees shall be approximately 6 to 8 members, with an ACEC and ODOT co-chair. All Standing Committees will coordinate any training initiatives with ACEC/ODOT Training AD HOC group.
- Procurement and Contracts Standing Committee
- Project Delivery/Management Systems Standing Committee
- Technology Transfer Standing Committee
- Training Standing Committee