Lane County State Highway Construction
US101: Siuslaw R Bridge (Florence),
Cathodic Protection (MP 190.8-MP191.21)
- Make repairs to the existing concrete and
reinforcement and replace the cathodic protection system on the Siuslaw
- Add seismic restraints to help maintain the
integrity of the bridge in an earthquake.
- Replace existing rail with new ornamental bridge
railing, as well as improving pedestrian access to the bridge.
Remarks: Single lane
closures will be used for materials transfers, bridge rail and other
roadwork on the approaches to the bridge. Delays may be up to 20 minutes, but
will normally be 5 minutes or less. Crews will be doing zinc application touch
up work on the north side of the bridge and will begin moving equipment to the
south side of the arches. The job is to be completed by the end of March 2019.
Shane Prohaska, Project Coordinator
I-5 @ Beltline Interchange – Unit 4 (MP194 to
- Building a new bridge over I-5 to accommodate a
- Building a sound wall south of Beltline and east of
- Adding an additional lane on eastbound Beltline from
Coburg Road to I-5 on ramp
- Extending the multi-use path for bike and pedestrian
travelers. The multi-use path will be extended south, linking Harlow Road
to North Garden Way
Remarks: This is the last
phase of a multi-year interchange project. Minimal delays during the day are
expected. Travelers should expect distractions from off-road work in the area
and be prepared for trucks entering and exiting the roadway. Oregon State
Police will be enforcing the speed limit through the work zone area. This
project is scheduled to be completed December 2017.
Shane Prohaska, Project
Coordinator (541) 799-5412
# ODOT #