A message from Tom Lauer
Welcome to the Technical Services website. Here you will find contact information and links to various technical resources.
Our mission is to be known for excellence as technical leaders for transportation. We are particularly focused on:
- Managing highway-related state-owned assets;
- Ensuring the technical skills and abilities of staff are sufficient to do assigned work; and
- Promoting continuous improvement efforts through the development of clearly articulated and understood policies and practices and through formal and informal feedback to continually improve project delivery.
Below is a list of branch sections with links to each page to help you better locate information.
If you have difficulty navigating the Technical Services website or cannot find what you're looking for, please contact us; we will quickly respond to your message.
Tom Lauer, P.E.
Technical Services Branch Manager and Chief Engineer
TSB Function and Purpose
ODOT's Technical Services Branch is responsible for technical support for ODOT's project delivery, construction, maintenance, and planning programs. We deliver professional technical standards related to project delivery and operations. Our core functions include:
- Providing technical advice and consultation;
- Providing statewide program and systems management to facilitate identification, prioritization, and selection of projects;
- Conducting QA/QC audits of in-house and outsourced projects;
- Offering technical skills training;
- Providing continuous improvement strategies for the Project Delivery Business Line;
- Managing transportation assets and other related technical services for ODOT;
- Maintaining liaison with the ODOT regions during the plan development of the four-year Statewide Transportation Improvement Program; and
- Delivery of transportation programs and projects.
The Technical Services Branch is comprised of the following sections: