Construction Project List
I-5: Columbia River to Moda Center
This project will pave 6 miles of I-5, including some ramps, between the Interstate Bridge and Moda Center, improve sidewalks and curb ramps, replace median barriers and upgrade signs.
- Night lane closures and ramp closures: Summer 2018 to Fall 2019.
- I-5 southbound full closure between Fremont and Marquam Bridges:
- July 13 (10 p.m) - July 16 (5 a.m.)
- July 20 (10 p.m.) - July 23 (5 a.m.)
- I-5 northbound full closure between Marquam and Fremont Bridges:
- Aug. 3 (10 p.m.) - Aug 6 (5 a.m.)
- During the closure, all northbound traffic over the Marquam Bridge will exit the freeway at I-84. Through northbound I-5 traffic will take Interstate 405 over the Fremont Bridge back to I-5.
- Four on-ramps to northbound I-5 will be closed at the same time:
- The westbound Morrison Bridge on-ramp.
- The eastbound Morrison Bridge on-ramp.
- The North Williams Avenue on-ramp, near North Broadway.
- The Southwest 5th Avenue on-ramp to I-405.
For more details visit: https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/Projects/pages/project-details.aspx?project=17516
I-5 at I-84
This project will repair and resurface the bridges that connect I-84 and I-5.
Here is the schedule through Oct. 15:
- The ramp from northbound I-5 to eastbound I-84 will see one nighttime closure from 10pm Sept. 17 to 5am Sept. 18
- The ramp from westbound I-84 to northbound I-5 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 until noon Saturday, Sept. 15, then again from 10pm Sept. 18 through 5am Sept. 19
- This ramp will see full around-the-clock closures on one weekend:
- 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21 until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 24
- The on-ramps to I-84 westbound at NE Sandy Blvd and NE 33 Avenue will be closed during this full weekend ramp closure.
- The ramp from southbound I-5 to eastbound I-84 will be closed for full nights and full around-the-clock weekends between Thursday, Sept. 20 and Monday, Oct. 15. On Saturday Oct. 6, the ramp will re-open at noon
This ramp will see full around-the-clock closures on three of those weekends:
- 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21 until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 24
- 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28 until 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 1
- 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 until 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15
Accommodations in the schedule will be made for large public events such as Race For A Cure, The Portland Marathon, and all large events at the Moda Center.
All off-ramps exiting I-84 between I-205 and I-5 will remain open.
For more details visit: https://www.oregon.gov/odot/projects/pages/project-details.aspx?project=19531
I-84 (102nd to 148th)
This project will install, replace, repair and upgrade existing interstate signs between NE 102nd and 148th Avenues. The work will require full closures of I-84 between NE 122nd Ave. and NE 181st Ave. nightly until Aug. 30. Construction is expected to be complete by fall 2018.
- Westbound I-84 will be closed Aug. 22 to Aug. 30 between NE 122nd Ave and NE 181st Ave. at night during the week from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. and on the weekend from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Eastbound I-84 will be closed Aug. 28 and Aug. 29 between NE 181st Ave. and NE 122nd Ave. at night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Work will also require night time lane closures on I-84 between NE 181st Ave. and I-205. Please plan extra travel time for detours and follow detour signs. Schedules are subject to change.
Detour Routes during closure of I-84
- Eastbound: Traffic will detour at the NE 122 Ave. off-ramp to eastbound Sandy Boulevard and then connect to the on-ramp at NE 181st Ave.
- Westbound: Traffic will be detoured at NE 181st Ave west on Airport Way to I-205.
For more details visit: www.tinyurl.com/i84SignReplacementODOT
I-205 (Johnson Creek Blvd. to Glenn Jackson Bridge)
This project will pave 9 miles of I-205 between Johnson Creek Boulevard and the Glenn Jackson Bridge, including some ramps, build auxiliary lanes in three locations, install ODOT RealTime electronic signs and make pedestrian improvements at Glisan Street.
- Expect full night closures of ramps and lane closures on cross-streets near ramps.
- The northbound Exit 23B to U.S. 30 Bypass and Killingsworth Street will be closed 24/7 for 14 days, dates are to be determined.
- Night time weekdays (Sundays -Thursdays): 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (single lane closure) and 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (double lane closure).
- Night time weekends (Fridays): 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. (single lane closure) and 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. (double lane closure times); (Saturdays): 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
For more details visit: www.i205construction.org/glennjacksontojohnsoncreek
I-5 Paving and Auxiliary Lane Project
This project will add new auxiliary and exit lanes and repave and modify on and off-ramps on I-5, from Highway 99W to I-205.
Road work and closures started in February 2018 and will occur through Fall 2019.
- Nighttime lane closures on I-5 starting Spring 2018. Closure will start as early as 8 p.m.
- Reduced parking at Trimet's Tualatin Park and Ride at SW 72nd & Bridgeport Road.
- There will be intermittent night and weekend ramp lane closures
- Expect two consecutive full weekend closures of the Lower Boones Ferry Road southbound on-ramp in summer 2018.
- Expect one full weekend closure of the Lower Boones Ferry Road northbound off-ramp in either summer 2018 or summer 2019 (but not during the same weekend as the on-ramp closures)
- There will be a sidewalk closure at the Lower Boones Ferry Road southbound on-ramp during construction, starting in February 2018. A pedestrian detour will be in place.
For more details visit: www.tinyurl.com/I5ODOTProject
I-5: Interstate Sign Replacement Project
This project will install, replace, repair and upgrade existing interstate signs and sign structures to meet current federal standards, along I-5 between Kruse Way and SW Terwilliger Blvd.
For more details visit: www.tinyurl.com/i5SignReplacementODOT2