Construction Project List
I-5: Columbia River to Moda Center
Once complete, this project will pave 6 miles of I-5, including some ramps, between the Interstate Bridge and Moda Center, improve sidewalks and curb ramps, replace median barriers and upgrade signs.
- Night lane closures and ramp closures: Summer 2018 to spring 2019.
I-5 at I-84
This project will repair and resurface the bridges that connect I-84 and I-5. While the new roadway is complete, there is more work to do. We are now working on testing to ensure bridge joints are operating properly, a regular check
after bridge joint installation. Thank you for your ongoing patience as we continue our work on the ramps that connect I-84 and I-5.
We will see upcoming intermittent closures of the ramps that connect I-84 and I-5. Closures will occur during nights between 10pm and 5am and weekends between Fridays at 10pm and Mondays at 5am. The ramps that will see closures during these times include:
- The ramp from southbound I-5 to eastbound I-84
- The ramp from westbound I-84 to southbound I-5
- The ramp from westbound I-84 to northbound I-5
- The on-ramps to I-84 westbound at NE Sandy Blvd and NE 33 Avenue will be closed during the full weekend ramp closures of westbound I-84 to northbound I-5.
Accommodations in the schedule will be made for large public events such as Race For A Cure and Portlandathon.
I-84 (102nd to 148th)
This project installed, replaced, repaired and upgraded existing interstate signs between NE 102nd and 148th Avenues. The work required full closures of I-84 between NE 122nd Ave. and NE 181st Ave. nightly until Aug. 30. The project is now complete.
I-205 (Johnson Creek Blvd. to Glenn Jackson Bridge)
This project will pave 9 miles of I-205 between Johnson Creek Boulevard and the Glenn Jackson Bridge, including some ramps, build auxiliary lanes in three locations, install ODOT RealTime electronic signs and make pedestrian improvements at Glisan Street.
- Expect full night closures of ramps and lane closures on cross-streets near ramps.
- The northbound Exit 23B to U.S. 30 Bypass and Killingsworth Street will be closed 24/7 for 14 days, dates are to be determined.
- Night time weekdays (Sundays -Thursdays): 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (single lane closure) and 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (double lane closure).
- Night time weekends (Fridays): 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. (single lane closure) and 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. (double lane closure times); (Saturdays): 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
I-5 Paving and Auxiliary Lane Project
This project will add new auxiliary and exit lanes and repave and modify on and off-ramps on I-5, from Highway 99W to I-205.
- Road work and closures started in February 2018 and will occur through fall 2019.
- Nighttime lane closures on I-5 starting spring 2018. Closure will start as early as 8 p.m.
- Reduced parking at Trimet's Tualatin Park and Ride at SW 72nd & Bridgeport Road.
- There will be intermittent night and weekend ramp lane closures
- Expect one full weekend closure of the Lower Boones Ferry Road northbound off-ramp in either summer 2018 or summer 2019.
- There will be a sidewalk closure at the Lower Boones Ferry Road southbound on-ramp during construction, starting in February 2018. A pedestrian detour will be in place.
I-5: Interstate Sign Replacement Project
This project installed, replaced, repaired and upgraded existing interstate signs and sign structures to meet current federal standards, along I-5 between Kruse Way and SW Terwilliger Blvd. The project is now complete.