The Transportation Development Division is the part of ODOT that:
- Helps Oregonians to do long and short-term transportation planning
- Keeps statistics about transportation
- Considers transportation policy
- Does research to help engineers, planners and project designers
- Helps local governments with transportation through a variety of programs and services.
TDD is responsible for producing the long-range Oregon Transportation Plan, the Oregon Highway Plan, as well as individual plans for specific highway corridors.
TDD is also the home of interagency partnerships that are helping to shape the Oregon of the future, such as the Transportation Growth Management program and Oregon's Community Solutions Teams.
TDD has helped Oregon take a leading role nationwide in many fields such as Intelligent Transportation Systems, Transportation and land use modeling, access management, and smart development.