Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

  • NEW! Ownership Interest Questionnaire
    The Oregon Liquor Control Commission has created a new application form to be completed as a part of a liquor license application. The purpose of this form is to have all liquor license applicants answer a few basic questions to confirm that all individuals or entities with an ownership interest in the business to be licensed have been identified. This form did replace some forms that were previously required. A link to the form is available in the forms section on each liquor license-type webpage.

    Apply for a Liquor License
  • Acceptable ID for Alcohol
    Due to recent changes in statute, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission has updated signage for Acceptable ID when purchasing alcohol in Oregon.
    Under Oregon law, only certain forms of identification are acceptable alone as proof of age when purchasing alcohol or alcohol items.
  • Guide to Delivering Alcohol to Consumers in Oregon

    The OLCC’s Guide to Delivering Alcohol to Consumers in Oregon is now available! 

    Delivery of alcohol to consumers in Oregon is regulated by the OLCC. This guide is intended to provide information to parties interested in participating in the delivery of alcohol to Oregon consumers (whether as the sender, delivery agent, or the receiver). The guide also contains new guidance for parties interested in knowing more about e-commerce alcohol order and delivery facilitation services.

    Get the Guide


  • Recreational Marijuana and Liquor Licenses

    Recreational marijuana became legal in Oregon on July 1, 2015. There are limits to the law however; marijuana is not allowed to be consumed in a public place.
    Measure 91 defines a public place as a general place where the public has access. This includes all OLCC annually licensed businesses and all special events with temporary sales licenses.  If you need further clarification of a public place, please call 503-872-6366.

    Download this sign for your business

    Letter to liquor licensees
The Basics Ready to Apply
Do I need a LIQUOR LICENSE or SERVICE PERMIT?license or service permit
A LIQUOR LICENSE is needed if you or your business sells, manufactures, imports, or distributes alcohol in Oregon.

An ALCOHOL SERVICE PERMIT is primarily for those who mix, serve, or sell alcohol, such as waitstaff, bartenders, or managers.
The Process of Getting a Liquor License The process of getting a liquor license



OLCC OfficesOLCC Offices 
Contact the local OLCC office where your licensed business will be located.
ResourcesForms, Publications and Signs
Apply for a Liquor LicenseApply for a Liquor License 
If you know which type of liquor license you want to apply for, click here for applications, forms and instructions.
Special Event LicensingSpecial Event Licensing
Special Event licenses allow licensed businesses, individuals, or groups, to sell and serve alcohol at a special event. Get help on licensing your event, or using your annual liquor license for special events.
Make Changes to Your Licensed BusinessMake Changes to Your Licensed Business
Do you want to make changes to the environment of your licensed business (change hours of operation, minor posting, entertainment, expanding the licensed area)?
For Businesses Outside of Oregonglobe 
Certain permits may be required for out-of-state producers and sellers of wine, cider, malt beverages, or distilled spirits.