After grant applications are submitted, here's what happens:
1. OWEB Staff check applications for completeness, if the applicant used the most current forms, etc.
2. OWEB Staff scan all applications and enter information into the database.
3. Review teams read applications; they may visit sites.
4. Review teams meet and discuss applications. Review teams review projects based on criteria which are described in administrative rules. At that time, review teams recommend one of the following for each grant:
A. Do fund
B. Fund with conditions
C. Do not fund
Review teams prioritize those projects recommended for funding. This prioritization is based on:
A. How well the project meets the criteria established in OAR 695-010-0030 and OAR 695-010-0060
B. Certainty of a successful project
C. Benefit to watershed function, habitat and water quality
D. Project costs relative to watershed benefits
5. OWEB Staff write a summary of the review team evaluations.
6. OWEB staff recommend projects for funding.
7. OWEB staff post review team evaluations and staff recommendations online.
8. The OWEB Board awards the grants.
Board awards for April 2015 applications
April 2015 Staff Report