Data.Oregon.gov Data Policy
Applications using data supplied by this site must include the following disclaimers on their sites:
"The data made available here has been modified for use from its original source, which is the State of Oregon. THE STATE OF OREGON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTY AS TO THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR CONTENT OF ANY DATA MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. THE STATE OF OREGON EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The data is subject to change as modifications and updates are complete. It is understood that the information contained in the Web feed is being used at one's own risk."
Right to Modify and/or Discontinue Feeds
State of Oregon agency content and comments containing any of the following forms of information should not contain:
- Comments not topically related to the particular content
- Profane language or tone
- Harassing language or tone
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates an ownership interest of any other party
- Promotion or opposition of any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition unless specifically authorized by the agency director
- Disclosure of information that an agency and its employees must keep confidential by law or administrative rule
Content or comments of this nature found on a state agency's data.oregon.gov dataset will be edited, revised or removed from the site. Only comments that comply with this standard will receive approval by state agency staff for posting.
Communications made through data.oregon.gov will in no way constitute a legal or official notice to the state of Oregon or its agencies or any official or employee of the state of Oregon for any purpose.
Use of the data.oregon.gov website constitutes acceptance of this policy. Any information posted here is public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation or disclosure to third parties.