Report unlicensed contractors
We strive to help contractors comply with the law. This adds value to legitimate contractors while protecting workers and homeowners.
We investigate these types of violations of contractor law:
- Working without a construction contractors license
- Claiming to be exempt from workers’ compensation while having employees
- Failing to display a CCB license number on most advertising
- Working with pre-1978 homes without a special lead-safe license
- Hiring unlicensed subcontractors
- Working on projects without the proper license endorsement (you’re a residential contractor working on a commercial project, for example)
- Working without the required surety bond or general liability insurance.
Problems with a fellow contractor?
We help mediate disputes between homeowners and contractors as well as those between contractors and employees, suppliers, and subcontractors.
However, the dispute must involve a licensed contractor and must have occurred within strict timelines. You can also check out our publication Payment Disputes Between Contractors: What to know.
Learn more about filing complaints.
Want us to send you free brochures?
We'll send you free publications to help you educate homeowners about performing home improvement projects and the value of hiring a licensed contractor. Click the blue button below to order any of the following: