Maintenance schedules on new homes
Contractors completing a new residential structure must provide the owner or first purchaser with a recommended maintenance schedule. (ORS 701.335)
By law, the minimum information the maintenance schedule must include is:
- Definitions and descriptions of moisture intrusion and water damage.
- An explanation of how moisture intrusion and water damage can occur.
- A description and recommended schedule for maintenance to prevent moisture intrusion.
- Advice on how to recognize the signs of water damage.
- Appropriate steps to take when water damage is discovered.
Form you can use
Download a Moisture Intrusion & Water Damage information sheet and a recommended maintenance schedule.
Alternatively, contractors may develop and use their own maintenance schedule as long as it contains the information required by OAR 812-012-0120.