Skip to the main content of the page

​​​​​​Pre-license education

Continuing education 

Expired or lapsed license?

    If your license expired or lapsed (lack of bond or insurance) more than two years ago, do not take continuing education classes. You must re-apply for a license and take the pre-license training and test. Call CCB licensing staff at 503-378-4621.​

Exemptions from continuing education

    Some residential and commercial contractors with other Oregon licenses are exempt from CCB continuing education. Here's a list:

    • Architects (if an owner, officer or employee is an Oregon-licensed architect)
    • Developers
    • Engineers (if an owner, officer or employee is an Oregon-licensed engineer)
    • Electricians (if an owner, officer or employee is an Oregon-licensed electrician)
    • Plumbers (if an owner, officer or employee is an Oregon-licensed plumber)
    • Boiler contractors
    • Elevator contractors
    • Renewable energy contractor
    • Pump installation contractors
    • Limited sign contractors
    • Landscape contractors who are construction contractors
    • Home inspectors (must still complete continuing education for the home inspector certification but no longer for the CCB license)

Endorsed for both residential and commercial work?

You meet requirements for the commercial continuing education program.

Click here to go to the Commercial

Specialty licenses 

​Persons with these specialty (limited) licenses do not have to complete continuing education:

  • Home services contractors
  • Residential locksmith services contractors
  • Home inspector services contractors
  • Home energy performance score contractors        ​​​​​​​​​


​Education help

Keep up on CCB education and more
Sign up for CCB emails


Send continuing education certificates (include CCB license number in subject line) to: