Skip to the main content of the page


​Right endorsement for the right project

Contractors must carry the proper endorsement for the type of structures they work on. In selecting the correct endorsement, you will need to know such information as whether you will just work on residential or commercial structures, or whether you will work on both.

If you are endorsed as a residential specialty contractor, for example, and decide to bid on a large commercial project, you must change your license to carry both endorsements.

Endorsement chart 
This chart​​​​​​​​ ​can help you select the right endorsement for your work!

Restricted residential endorsements

The Legislature created new types of licenses for people who work in the construction industry but with a limited scope of work. People with these endorsements do not have the same bond, insurance and education requirements as other construction contractors. Learn more​




Changing endorsements?