Applying for a license? Plan ahead!
CCB is just finishing our busiest season, and we're experiencing delays. Some applications take up to 8 weeks to process, especially when there are errors. Submit your application as early as possible! You can streamline the process by:
- Closely following the instructions on the form
- Submitting a complete application
- Including all required additional documents
Errors can cause delays, so double check your work before sending it to CCB, or contact us directly
to ask questions.
Do you need a license?
law requires anyone who works for compensation in any construction activity
involving improvements to real property to be licensed. Learn more.
1. Complete the 16-hour pre-license
and take the exam. Select a Responsible Managing Individual to complete the training and exam. Find a list of approved pre-license educators here. Once you have taken the training, you will be directed to take the test from your pre-license training provider.
2. Determine your endorsement type. For more information about endorsement and structure types, click here.
3. File your corporation,
LLC, and/or assumed business name.
with the Oregon Secretary of State, Corporation Division or visit
sos.oregon.gov/business. For more information
about setting up your business, click here
4. Submit a CCB surety
in the required amount(s).
Find your proper bond amount.
5. Provide proof of general liability insurance in the
Make sure it names
Construction Contractors Board as the Certificate Holder.