Thank you for engaging with the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services social media channels. DCBS participates in social media to provide followers with helpful resources and highlights of some of our innovative initiatives.
DCBS provides content on social media to both inform followers and to encourage discussion related to DCBS’ work. This includes finance, insurance, workplace health and safety, and building safety.
While this is an open forum, it is also a family friendly one. To keep it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines.
A comment or post will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech,
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity,
- Nudity in profile pictures,
- Defamation to a person or people,
- Name calling and/or personal attacks,
- Comments/posts whose main purpose are to sell a product,
- Comments/posts that suggest or encourage illegal activity,
- Comments/posts that infringe on copyrights,
- Spam comments/posts, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile,
- Comments/posts that disclose information that the agency and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
- Other comments that the DCBS social media monitors deem inappropriate.
Repeated violations of the DCBS social media policy may cause the author to be blocked from the DCBS’s social media profiles.
DCBS does not guarantee or warrant that any information contained in citizen comments is correct; DCBS disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any reliance on such information. Posters participate at their own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Any information posted here is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation, or disclosure to third parties.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.
This comment policy is subject to modification at any time. Thank you for taking the time to read our policy. We hope you'll check back with us often for news and information. For official inquiries or correspondence, or if you need immediate assistance, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 503-378-4100. Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.