The COVID-19 Temporary Paid Leave Program call center is closed Monday, Jan. 18, due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Applicants may see a delay in application and payment processing times due to this closure. Status updates on claims submitted after Friday, Jan. 15, will be available starting Thursday, Jan. 21.
Do you have to quarantine or isolate because of COVID-19, but don’t have paid time off?
We can help!
COVID-19 Temporary Paid Leave Program is available to people who need to quarantine or isolate because of COVID-19 exposure or are experiencing symptoms and need a medical diagnosis, but do not qualify for COVID-19-related paid sick leave (or do not have access to COVID-19-related paid time off).
If you meet all of the eligibility requirements, you will get a $120 per-day payment, up to 10 working days ($1,200 total) for the time you need to quarantine or isolate.
To see if you are eligible, take this quiz or see the requirements below.
instructions for help completing the application.
To be eligible for the program, you must meet all the following requirements:
- Work in Oregon and required to file an Oregon personal income tax return.
- Directed to quarantine by a local or tribal public health authority or health care provider because of exposure to someone infected or have COVID-19-related symptoms and are seeking a medical diagnosis.
- Not able to work (including telework) because you need to quarantine or isolate.
- Do not expect to earn more than $60,000 individually or $120,000 jointly in 2020.
- Your employer does not provide COVID-19-related paid sick leave or you have exhausted your available COVID-19-related paid sick leave.
- Are not applying for unemployment insurance benefits for the time off due to quarantine or isolation.
- Are not applying for workers’ compensation benefits for the time off due to quarantine or isolation or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Are not seeking or using benefits from similar COVID-19 quarantine relief programs in Oregon or another state.
- Are not applying for or receiving other forms of paid leave from your employer during your quarantine or isolation, such as banked sick leave or vacation leave.
- Are not laid off or furloughed by your employer.
- Must have notified your employer that you need to quarantine or isolate.
- Can claim only one quarantine period.
- You are not self-employed.
- You are not part of the gig economy (Lyft, Uber, DoorDash, GrubHub, Instacart, etc.)
- You are not being paid off the record - this means your employer is not reporting your income to the state and often employers who pay off the record pay in cash.
The following are common reasons for being ineligible:
833-685-0850 (toll-free) or