Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Department of Early Learning and Care

Nutrition Education Reimbursements

Children need to eat healthy foods that can help them grow and learn good habits that last a lifetime. As a child care provider, you are an important part of teaching these healthy habits. ERDC child care providers may qualify for nutrition education and reimbursment for healthy meals you provide to children in your care. Reimbursement is provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).


Providers Must:

  1. Be at least 18 years old.
  2. Provide care in your home.
  3. Prepare meals for children whose families get assistance through the ERDC program.
  4. Meet USDA's criteria.
kids running and playing  

Getting Started

  • Step 1 - First you need to be listed and approved as an ERDC child care provider. Note: This is NOT the same as being a licensed child care provider.
  • Step 2 - After you are listed and approved, contact the USDA sponsor in your area.
  • Step 3 - Once you sign up for the program:
    1. You will get training on:
      • How to serve meals according to USDA guidelines.
      • How to keep track of the meals you serve.
      • How to keep track of the children you serve, including their in and out times.
    2. You will send paperwork to your sponsor at the end of each month.
    3. You will get a reimbursement check based on the number of qualifying meals.


Contact the USDA sponsor in your area.