Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

FAQ's for Licensees

How do I change my information with the Board?

To update your name or address you need to either use the online change forms (found here​) or send us something in writing via regular mail. We must always​ have at least one physical street address on record for you so if you wish to change your mailing address to a PO Box please make sure that you are clear about your physical street address as well. That can be either your home or work address. You have up to 30 days to notify us of an address change. Once that change has been processed we will print a new license and it will be sent to your mailing address of records. 
When changing a name we need to have your license number, your old name, the new name and the reason for the name change. 

Back to Top

Where do I send Payments and Applications/Forms?

Whenever you are submitting a form or application that requires payment it must be sent to our cashiering facilty as we are not allowed to process payments in our office. That address is below. 
Oregon Board of Dentistry
Unit 23
PO Box 4395
Portland, OR  97208-4395
If you do not send your forms/applications with the require payment to this address we will return them to you for resubmission to the correct address and that will delay your application process. Examples of forms that require payment would be applications for licensure, anesthesia applications.*
If you form or application does NOT require a payment then you can submit it to the street address for processing. If your unsure, please call us and we'll be happy to direct you. 
* Please note this is not a complete​ list, just and example of the most common forms. 
Back to Top

Do I need to take a pain management course?

Pain Management CE Requirement
Chapter 529 (2007) Laws known as Senate Bill 579 requires that all licensed dentists must complete one pain management education program developed by the Oregon Pain Management Commission. The law became effective January 1, 2008 and  the Oregon Board of Dentistry requires that a dentist complete this mandatory pain management education program by January 1, 2010 or within 24 months of the first renewal of their Oregon dental license.
The pain management education program is a computer based program and you can find the link below. Please note that you are only required to complete the one hour course, although you may choose to take the eight hour course if you'd like.
Back to Top

Are there resourses for recycling?

The Oregon Dental Association has some great resources available for dental offices.

Back to Top

Where can I find more information on the Amalgam Separator Law?

The Oregon Dental Association has material regarding the Amalgam Separator Law.

Back to Top