Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Petroleum-Contaminated Soil Treatment

If you are treating petroleum contaminated soil from an UST release on your property (on-site) or beyond your property's boundary (off-site), you must obtain a Solid Waste Letter of Authorization permit from DEQ. The SWLA permit application requires a Soil Treatment Plan. Off-site treatment also requires a Land Use Compatibility Statement.


For additional information on underground storage tanks, contact:

DEQ Tanks Program
503-229-6652 or 800-742-7878 (toll-free in Oregon)