COVID-19 Response and Recovery
The DEMAC has been called into action –
operating under ESF 6 - Mass Care – to help address and advocate for the needs
of people with disabilities in the response to and recovery from COVID-19.
April 3, 2020 - weekly emails began to DEMAC general members to communicate:
- High-level updates from FEMA Region X, OHA, and DHS
- Updates from state disability organizations in Oregon
- Resources for people with disabilities
March 17, 2020 - weekly calls
with primary and alternate members began to ensure the accessibility of
COVID-19 activities by:
- Sharing high-level updates from FEMA Region X, OHA, and DHS.
- Getting input and feedback on guidance and materials for
people with disabilities
- Hearing and discussing concerns from the disability