Website Maintenance Update - DOGAMI is aware of issues occurring while attempting to download Lidar Data Quadrangles (LDQ) directly from the Lidar data Map Viewer. As a workaround, LDQs can be downloaded directly from the "List of LDQ Publications" page accessible in the left navigation menu. Once a particular LDQ has been identified from the map, return to the "List of LDQ Publications" page and search for it in the LDQ list. Downloads from that page are functioning properly. If you have any further questions or issues, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your patience.
Due to increased utilization of the State of Oregon network and websites you may experience slower than normal or intermittent performance of our interactive map products. Please be patient.
Standard Lidar Change Window, Third Wednesday of each month. DOGAMI may make updates to the lidar web map and services the third Wednesday of each month, 11 am to 4 pm. Viewers may experience intermittent access during this time. After updates, viewers must clear their browser caches to view the latest map.
Lidar topographic data is an indispensable tool for mapping, monitoring and managing Oregon’s natural hazards and resources, urban infrastructure, and agriculture.
Explore and Download Lidar Data
Read more about Explore and Download Lidar Data
The Lidar Data Viewer interactive map shows the current extent of lidar data for the state of Oregon, including downloadable data by 7.5 minute USGS quadrangle. The data are maintained by the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI).
Popups contain links to data acquisition and acceptance reports.
Lidar Data Viewer interactive map:
- Download lidar data by 7.5 minute USGS quadrangle
- Explore highest hit, bare earth, and bare earth slope lidar imagery
- See Oregon Lidar Consortium project areas, including developing projects, and download data acquisition and acceptance reports
tips and tools for using the data viewer. Data viewer
history and disclaimer
Lidar Maps and Art
See Oregon in a new light with incredible images created using lidar technology. The
Lidar Landscapes series features posters, postcards, calendars and recreational maps. The
Lidar Imagery series offers a lidar-based look at 7.5 minute USGS quadrangles in the Portland metro area.
Oregon Lidar Consortium
DOGAMI oversees the Oregon Lidar Consortium (OLC), which develops cooperative agreements for lidar collection. The model leverages funding from multiple partners to cost effectively obtain data, which is ultimately made available for free download. To date, the OLC has had more than 80 partners and collected lidar data for more than 98 percent of Oregon’s populated areas.
Learn more about the OLC and lidar collection.
Data Viewer History & Disclaimer
- April 2021: Updated all statewide mosaics with most current available lidar in Oregon. Updated the Oregon lidar shapefile to show current project status and where new lidar projects are being planned for 2021 or in the near future.
- June 2020: Updated project areas. Repaired 8 Lidar Data Quadrangle publications. See the list of LDQs
Amendment 8 to Agency-Specific Price Agreement 7525, which provides detailed technical specifications and information on optional lidar services. Posted updated
Lidar Pricing (PDF) chart.
- May 2020: no changes
- April 2020: Added 148 new, revised, or updated Lidar Data Quadrangle publications. See the list of LDQs
here. Updated mosaic layers to allow for custom symbology and analysis when using lidar data web services (see sidebar for web services).
- March 2020: changes postponed until April due to Covid-19 response.
- February 2020: Includes all completed project data through 2018. Expanded rows and columns for clipping. Replaced slope image as a slope mosaic web service.
- January 2020: Added slope mosaic based on digital terrain model data that shows percent slope change; dataset available as an image service. Added additional technical project information to the OLC coverage shapefile.
- October 2018: Added canopy layer. The canopy is a height or distance (feet) between the ground surface and the tops of objects such as trees and buildings. Short
- October 2017: Added bare earth slope layer. Migrated map to https://gis.dogami.oregon.gov
- June 2014:Redeployed using Esri ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex version 3.6.
- June 2011:Redeployed using Esri ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex version 2.2.
- Sept 2009:Deployed using Esri ArcGIS Server.
DOGAMI reserves the right to update data without notification as new information becomes available. This product is for informational purposes and may not have been prepared for or be suitable for legal, engineering, surveying, or site specific purposes. Users of this information should review or consult the primary data and information sources to ascertain the usability of the information.
(last updated 09/08/2022)